Arsenal

Arsenal News

Monday, March 5, 2007

KITSON CALLS FOR REFEREE RETHINK

Reading striker Dave Kitson has called on referee Chris Foy to rescind his yellow card in the clash with Arsenal - and declared Denilson could have broken his leg in the challenge.

Kitson, who made his first start in the Barclays Premiership since the opening day of the season following a knee injury, was cautioned in the 42nd minute at Emirates Stadium following a sliding challenge with the young Brazilian.

Having been left with two sets of stud marks on the inside of his left leg, Kitson believes it was a poor call from the Merseyside official.

"I have seen it again and I invite the referee to watch it again and rescind the yellow card," he said.

"Even [Cesc] Fabregas looked at me to say it was not even a foul, let alone a yellow card.

"I have slid in with my long legs and won the ball fair and square.

"I did not realise at the time, but Denilson has jumped in on me with two feet - and I have the scars to prove it.

"If my foot had been planted, I would have broken my leg - and yet I have been booked for it.

Kitson feels the fallout from the mass brawl in the Carling Cup final last weekend - when Arsenal had two men sent off and another suspended by a Football Association disciplinary panel - played a part on Saturday's match.

"It was painfully clear that whenever we made a bit of ground, the referee was going to pull it up and give a decision for Arsenal," he said.

"I thought what Arsene [Wenger] said during the week had a direct effect on the game, from the officials point of view.

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home