Arsenal

Arsenal News

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

CESC HOPES TO STAY WITH ARSENAL

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas believes Arsene Wenger will remain Gunners boss despite recent unrest surrounding the club.

The Catalan youngster told Spanish media he is "very bound" to the French coach and plans to remain with Arsenal despite being unsure of his own future and interest from his homeland.

"One of the reasons why I am at Arsenal is Wenger. He (Wenger) has said that is going to fulfil his contract and I trust his word," Fabregas said.

"I would like to return to Spanish football, but before I must finish my time in England. Now, my plans are to stay in London.

"I am very happy here. I am enjoying playing football. We have not had good results but we have played well."

Asked about Real Madrid's reported interest, the former Barcelona trainee told Marca: "I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know if they (Arsenal) are going to sell me, but I am very happy here.

"I am very bound to the coach (Wenger) and I think that he will continue."

Wenger's future was brought into question last week when vice-chairman David Dein left the club amid reported takeover interest from American Stan Kroenke.

Arsenal's minority shareholders are likely to prove crucial to any potential takeover bid by Kroenke.

Speculation that the Gunners are set to be the next target for heavy investment from the United States has continued after Kroenke Sports Enterprises upped their stake to 12.19%.

The involvement of the American billionaire is understood to be the main reason behind the "irreconcilable differences" between Dein and the rest of the Arsenal board.

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home