Arsenal

Arsenal News

Monday, March 26, 2007

ADEBAYOR COULD QUIT TOGO

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor could retire from international football after receiving death threats.

The 22-year-old netted twice as Togo beat Sierra Leone on Saturday, but the build-up to the game was dominated by a contract wrangle between the Togolese players and officials.

Adebayor was a central figure in the row and he revealed he had received threats that he must "play in the match or else".

He told the BBC: "I am only trying to put certain things right and correct a few mistakes in Togolese football, but it appears some people do not like it.

"Now I am going to go back to Arsenal and think about my future. I have to protect my life and I have a family to look after."

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home