Arsenal

Arsenal News

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WENGER 'SENT BY GOD' - HLEB

Arsene Wenger is a "coach sent by God", according to Arsenal winger Alexander Hleb.

The Gunners boss is determined to mould his squad into one capable of competing for honours again next season.

While Wenger knows he must find a new balance to make Arsenal an effective fighting unit - especially away from home - the Frenchman also has great belief in the potential of his players.

Hleb has now chalked up more than 80 appearances for the Gunners, having joined from Stuttgart during the summer of 2005 for a reported ฃ10million.

The Belarus winger took some time to settle, but has always been supported by Wenger despite often heavy criticism.

It is a trait which Hleb feels puts Wenger in a league of his own.

"At Stuttgart I played just behind the main striker and the play all went through me. Then at Arsenal, I got a different role and it took me a while to adapt to the constant movement on the right side of midfield," he said.

"Wenger is a great tactician, he sees absolutely everything.

"He knows how to find a key to every player - he is a coach sent by God.

Hleb told World Soccer magazine: "I still remember him saying: 'Alexander, I do not just buy any player; I watched you for two years. Everyone finds it hard at first, especially if you come from another country. I am convinced everything will work out.'

"Those words helped me a lot."

The midfielder, 26, added: "I am loving being able to work under him. He supported me through the difficult times early on and carried on believing in me.

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home